I had a plan, a real viable plan. But it was not to be.
I suppose I should start at the very beginning (a very good place to start). Today was going to be a strange day. My mom had her second cataract surgery, so I was up at five to escort her. That was not a big deal. It was only an hour earlier than my normal alarm. Of course, with my mom unable to pick Harry from school and Alissa in client meetings, it fell to me to pick him I up. This resulted in a t two hour work day, but that too was part of the plan.
So, how was I going to use my extra hour? I was going to process my new produce box which I had placed on the balcony. After that, I was going to stick a chicken in the oven and have a nice chicken dinner on the table for Alissa when she got home at six, probably with fresh veggies from said produce box.
Sounds idyllic, doesn’t it almost t too good to be true?
Yeah, I know.
After a brief respite, I went out to the balcony to get the produce box. Harry followed, and as I was revisited by the feeling I had the time I locked myself out of my dorm room on the way to the shower…wearing only a towel. The door closed. The lock clicked. We were locked out for two hours until Alissa got home.
So how do you spend two hours in a balcony with a kindergartner?
Well, we harvested potatoes, discussed the taxonomy of arthropods, found the starts of several pea pods on the remains of the vine, and played with a spider.
I can’t say it’s what I had planned,but it was nice. I’m just glad the weather was nice.
- Is your family disaster ready? May 25, 2017 writewizard
- A Number Play : 3 November 11, 2016 Annapurani Vaidyanathan
- WPC: The Number Game November 9, 2016 Dahlia
- Whew! I found this to be an Interesting Thought... November 4, 2016 Jon-Paul
- éclat October 25, 2016 onthevirg
- Has Anyone even taken into Consideration..? October 25, 2016 Jon-Paul
- #203 - Fern in a gully July 30, 2016 David Ferrie
- Please everyone who reads this post, please fire a letter, email, or fax to Roger Goodell July 20, 2016 Jon-Paul
- One Sermon July 17, 2016 nysabucco
- The Struggle with Hope July 17, 2016 nysabucco
- The Message in the Ads bluedrew.wordpress.com/2017/02/14/the… 5 months ago
- Why I Went to the Demonstration. bluedrew.wordpress.com/2017/02/01/why… https://t.co/ttl4Xb8Rkb 5 months ago
- Heading to #Westlake! #NoBanNoWall 5 months ago
- RT @hkkang: #standwithimmigrants #Seattle Emergency rally at Westlake park today 5-8pm. Let your voice heard! #NoBanNoWall 5 months ago
- RT @FootyMadPDX: The city attacked on 9/11 by radical Islamic terrorists rose 1st to fight the #MuslimBan. Who you callin' "snowflake"? #… 5 months ago
“Great” Thoughts of the Past
"Great" Thoughts by Andrew Viertel is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at https://bluedrew.wordpress.com/andrews-biography-short-version/.