Well folks, I’ve got a cold. Colds are evil. The best medicine is rest, but we live in a world where we’re expected to tough it out unless it gets bad enough to really warrant burning a sick day even though the best thing is to rest early and get over it. Anyway, I’ve been planning to finish my vacation blogging from last year, but tonight I think I’ll try a new Post in Ten Tweets, although I make no promises that I’ll actually make it to ten. But for you, my loyal readers, I’ll try.
1) I fell victim to the posting gremlin again. Ten Years was supposed to have been posted last night. #Ireallydidclickpublish.
2) Heard at the table: When I was your age, I had a metal “A New Hope” lunch box. But back then it was just call “Star Wars” #oldmanrant
3) Sometimes parenting seems like an arms race to devise new and effective consequences for that new inappropriate behavior #itneverends
4) Why did my neighbor buy his five year old daughter a real-looking toy bipod-mounted tommy gun with lights, sounds and bayonet? #really?
5) CNN’s cosponsoring a GOP debate with the Tea Party. When is the one cosponsored by the Green Party? #liberalmediamytuchas
6) Anyone else stand in front of the deli case to be quizzed by their five year old as to what animal each meat came from? #atleastheknows
7) Summer finally made an appearance with triple digits east of the mountains. #asIwascomingdownwithacold
8) Don’t window shop for other living arrangements when there’s no way to get out of the current one. #notworththejealousy
9) My little girl has her first real day at preschool tomorrow and is nervous. #thatwilllastfiveminutes
10) Harry was Student of the Day today. #minorawardmajorpride