It’s amazing how time flies. It was two years ago today that my father passed away. So much has happened since then, including, now that I think of it, every post on this blog. Most days are so busy that there’s no time to reflect, but then there are the moments where my dad’s absence is very noticeable. Of course there are the holidays and birthdays. The kids’ birthdays are particularly noticeable, even in all their busyness because they display the most obvious changes. All those changes, all those milestones that he’s not here for present the most acute ache. But then there are other moments, quiter moments. There are the moments in a forest or by the water. There are scenes of the majesty of nature that he loved dearly, and of course there are those times when I’m observing world events, or even experiencing some frustration with the kids, and I wonder what he would think. And naturally, in all those times, I miss him.
- Just a bit TIRED of "the Good Guy"? March 14, 2018 Jon-Paul
- Is it possible to work together? August 24, 2017 Jon-Paul
- Anyone affiliated with WordPress as a company... August 9, 2017 Jon-Paul
- Is your family disaster ready? May 25, 2017 writewizard2
- A Number Play : 3 November 11, 2016 Annapurani Vaidyanathan
- WPC: The Number Game November 9, 2016 Dahlia
- Whew! I found this to be an Interesting Thought... November 4, 2016 Jon-Paul
- éclat October 25, 2016 onthevirg
- Has Anyone even taken into Consideration..? October 25, 2016 Jon-Paul
- #203 - Fern in a gully July 30, 2016 David Ferrie
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
“Great” Thoughts of the Past
"Great" Thoughts by Andrew Viertel is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at https://bluedrew.wordpress.com/andrews-biography-short-version/.