Well, it’s one of those days that, to a degree, defies classification. First off, it was a work day. Then there was the senseless terrorist attack in Norway. Over the course of the day, it sounded like there were less than 20 people killed (a tragedy in its own right). Of course, that horrific event was knocked off the front pages by the news that Speaker Boehner had not only walked out of negitiations with President Obama, but had been so disrespectful as to refuse his calls for several hours before informing Obama that he was terminating the negotiations. This act, and the practical and (positive for Obama) political ramifications provided plenty of fodder for dinner conversation as Alissa and I had a much needed date. Ater dinner, we left the world of muggles behind and dove headlong into the magic that is Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2. Seen in IMAX 3D, the movie was everything promised and more, balancing the compelling human stories with a first rate celebration of the magic that Hollywood can brin to the screen. Then it was back home to learn that the death toll in Norway had risen to 87, largely from the gunman running amok and murdering a camp full of children. Given all that and the hour, it’s hard to put together enough thoughts to write a coherent post. So I’ll leave it at that and get back at it tomorrow.
- Just a bit TIRED of "the Good Guy"? March 14, 2018 Jon-Paul
- Is it possible to work together? August 24, 2017 Jon-Paul
- Anyone affiliated with WordPress as a company... August 9, 2017 Jon-Paul
- Is your family disaster ready? May 25, 2017 writewizard2
- A Number Play : 3 November 11, 2016 Annapurani Vaidyanathan
- WPC: The Number Game November 9, 2016 Dahlia
- Whew! I found this to be an Interesting Thought... November 4, 2016 Jon-Paul
- éclat October 25, 2016 onthevirg
- Has Anyone even taken into Consideration..? October 25, 2016 Jon-Paul
- #203 - Fern in a gully July 30, 2016 David Ferrie
- RT @neiltyson: If Bears were in charge, after they hunted us to near-extinction, I wonder if they’d invent a candy called Gummy Humans. 2 months ago
- RT @BernieSanders: There have been more mass shootings than days this year. It is long, long overdue for Congress to take action on gun saf… 5 months ago
- RT @JohnFugelsang: People calling for #GunControlNow aren't "exploiting a tragedy;" they're trying to prevent the next one. 5 months ago
- RT @WAStateLib: Air Quality a la J.R.R.Tolkien. Stay indoors and mind your lungs everyone. twitter.com/NWSSpokane/sta… 6 months ago
- RT @tjragas: #ImpeachTrump because the children of this generation don't deserve to grow up feeling like all of this is normal. 7 months ago
“Great” Thoughts of the Past
"Great" Thoughts by Andrew Viertel is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at https://bluedrew.wordpress.com/andrews-biography-short-version/.