The stalemate continues. Despite polling showing support for the collective bargaining rights of state employees (Rasmussen polls tend to skew to the right. Other polls have support in the 60% range), legislative Republicans have pushed their bill forward and authorized the use of force to arrest Democratic legislators who have left the state to deny the quorum necessary to pass the bill. Gov. Walker has also threatened to layoff 1500 state workers if the bill is not passed. Meanwhile, Democrats have initiated efforts to recall 8 Republican Senators. If you would like to contribute to this effort, please follow this link. The recall process takes 60 days, so the question becomes one of whether the Democratic Senators will be able to hold out together long enough for the recall to take place.
- Is it possible to work together? August 24, 2017 Jon-Paul
- Anyone affiliated with WordPress as a company... August 9, 2017 Jon-Paul
- Is your family disaster ready? May 25, 2017 writewizard
- A Number Play : 3 November 11, 2016 Annapurani Vaidyanathan
- WPC: The Number Game November 9, 2016 Dahlia
- Whew! I found this to be an Interesting Thought... November 4, 2016 Jon-Paul
- éclat October 25, 2016 onthevirg
- Has Anyone even taken into Consideration..? October 25, 2016 Jon-Paul
- #203 - Fern in a gully July 30, 2016 David Ferrie
- Please everyone who reads this post, please fire a letter, email, or fax to Roger Goodell July 20, 2016 Jon-Paul
- RT @BernieSanders: There have been more mass shootings than days this year. It is long, long overdue for Congress to take action on gun saf… 1 month ago
- RT @JohnFugelsang: People calling for #GunControlNow aren't "exploiting a tragedy;" they're trying to prevent the next one. 1 month ago
- RT @WAStateLib: Air Quality a la J.R.R.Tolkien. Stay indoors and mind your lungs everyone. twitter.com/NWSSpokane/sta… 2 months ago
- RT @tjragas: #ImpeachTrump because the children of this generation don't deserve to grow up feeling like all of this is normal. 3 months ago
- RT @TheRealStanLee: As true today as it was in 1968. Pax et Justitia - Stan https://t.co/VbBtiZzUch 3 months ago
“Great” Thoughts of the Past
"Great" Thoughts by Andrew Viertel is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at https://bluedrew.wordpress.com/andrews-biography-short-version/.