The stalemate continues. Despite polling showing support for the collective bargaining rights of state employees (Rasmussen polls tend to skew to the right. Other polls have support in the 60% range), legislative Republicans have pushed their bill forward and authorized the use of force to arrest Democratic legislators who have left the state to deny the quorum necessary to pass the bill. Gov. Walker has also threatened to layoff 1500 state workers if the bill is not passed. Meanwhile, Democrats have initiated efforts to recall 8 Republican Senators. If you would like to contribute to this effort, please follow this link. The recall process takes 60 days, so the question becomes one of whether the Democratic Senators will be able to hold out together long enough for the recall to take place.
- Is your family disaster ready? May 25, 2017 writewizard
- A Number Play : 3 November 11, 2016 Annapurani Vaidyanathan
- WPC: The Number Game November 9, 2016 Dahlia
- Whew! I found this to be an Interesting Thought... November 4, 2016 Jon-Paul
- éclat October 25, 2016 onthevirg
- Has Anyone even taken into Consideration..? October 25, 2016 Jon-Paul
- #203 - Fern in a gully July 30, 2016 David Ferrie
- Please everyone who reads this post, please fire a letter, email, or fax to Roger Goodell July 20, 2016 Jon-Paul
- One Sermon July 17, 2016 nysabucco
- The Struggle with Hope July 17, 2016 nysabucco
- The Message in the Ads bluedrew.wordpress.com/2017/02/14/the… 4 months ago
- Why I Went to the Demonstration. bluedrew.wordpress.com/2017/02/01/why… https://t.co/ttl4Xb8Rkb 4 months ago
- Heading to #Westlake! #NoBanNoWall 4 months ago
- RT @hkkang: #standwithimmigrants #Seattle Emergency rally at Westlake park today 5-8pm. Let your voice heard! #NoBanNoWall 4 months ago
- RT @FootyMadPDX: The city attacked on 9/11 by radical Islamic terrorists rose 1st to fight the #MuslimBan. Who you callin' "snowflake"? #… 4 months ago
“Great” Thoughts of the Past
"Great" Thoughts by Andrew Viertel is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at https://bluedrew.wordpress.com/andrews-biography-short-version/.