Today, we remember and honor those who have lost their lives in our nation’s wars, whether those wars are the subject of history books, of living memory, or of current experience. We celebrate heroes and mourn losses. But to truly honor the fallen of the past, both recent and distant, I believe that we must look to the future and work for a future of peace, freedom, and justice. If such a future sounds utopian and unattainable, that’s because it probably is, but that should not stop us from seeking it, from traveling along that path, for the farther we travel down that road, the harder we strive for those goals, the closer we come to the day when war is a memory and not a current event. We may have different ideas about what peace, freedom, and justice mean, but I think we can agree that they are worthy goals. Maybe that’s a starting point along the road.
- Anyone affiliated with WordPress as a company... August 9, 2017 Jon-Paul
- Is your family disaster ready? May 25, 2017 writewizard
- A Number Play : 3 November 11, 2016 Annapurani Vaidyanathan
- WPC: The Number Game November 9, 2016 Dahlia
- Whew! I found this to be an Interesting Thought... November 4, 2016 Jon-Paul
- éclat October 25, 2016 onthevirg
- Has Anyone even taken into Consideration..? October 25, 2016 Jon-Paul
- #203 - Fern in a gully July 30, 2016 David Ferrie
- Please everyone who reads this post, please fire a letter, email, or fax to Roger Goodell July 20, 2016 Jon-Paul
- One Sermon July 17, 2016 nysabucco
- RT @tjragas: #ImpeachTrump because the children of this generation don't deserve to grow up feeling like all of this is normal. 6 days ago
- RT @TheRealStanLee: As true today as it was in 1968. Pax et Justitia - Stan https://t.co/VbBtiZzUch 6 days ago
- The Message in the Ads bluedrew.wordpress.com/2017/02/14/the… 6 months ago
- Why I Went to the Demonstration. bluedrew.wordpress.com/2017/02/01/why… https://t.co/ttl4Xb8Rkb 6 months ago
- Heading to #Westlake! #NoBanNoWall 6 months ago
“Great” Thoughts of the Past
"Great" Thoughts by Andrew Viertel is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at https://bluedrew.wordpress.com/andrews-biography-short-version/.